Work pattern : 5 / 2
5 / 2
Job Accountabilities :
Participate in activities associated with tax audit disputes, analysis of the company’s position, presenting professional conclusion etc.
with support from other groups within the Tax Department and from other relevant functions of the company
Coordination and advisory support during the course of tax audits (drafting / review of replies to auditors’ requests, driving discussions etc.
their closure and post audit proceedings / appealing etc., with support from other groups within the Tax Department and from other relevant functions of the company
- Dealing with financial statements audits, audits of the company by PSA Contracting Companies in relation to matters related to calculation, payment and reporting on taxes and other obligatory payments to the budget stipulated by RK tax legislation, with support from other groups within the Tax Department and from other relevant functions of the company
- In-depth research and analysis on various tax matters when necessary, with presenting the outcome to the supervisor / other stakeholders
- Monitoring of changes in legislation related to tax audits and appeal processes, inform other Tax Audits group members as necessary
- Participate in monitoring of whether appropriate risk management practices regarding tax are established and consistently maintained, including regular review of the appropriateness of tax processes and compliance therewith
- Monitor and remain aware of identified key tax issues and dedicate sufficient time to challenge, oversee development of controls by the relevant group to mitigate identified risks and ensure consistency of approach
- Contributing to improvement of the company tax policies via participation in review and revision of the relevant policies and processes, where necessary
- Take part in special tax projects, where applicable
- Deputizing the direct supervisor with assuming duties during business trip / vacation periods; handling provision of various data for stakeholders, etc.
- Supervision / professional coaching of clerical and junior professional staff
- Other work as assigned.
- Reporting on significant developments to relevant supervisors and stakeholders in all issues related to the designated job accountabilities
- Direction of critical, complex and contentious cases to relevant supervisors with the provision of relevant documentation
- Take action to manage own personal development
- RK and / or international finance or accounting degree
- Work experience of not less than 3 years within finance / accounting / tax department, preferably in the oil industry, and / or with accounting, audit or consulting company or having been previously employed by the tax authorities
- Good knowledge and experience in tax law and practice in Kazakhstan, including taxation of PSAs
- Knowledge of RK tax legislation, applicable principles of international tax treaties signed by Kazakhstan, PSA tax regime and the applicable RK legislation effective as of 1 November 1997
- General understanding of RK and international accounting standards
- Fluent verbal and written English and Russian languages.
- Strong advisory and analytical mindset; structured and methodological approach in work
- IT literacy at user’s levelKnowledge of SAP and JDE Tax Accountant menu at user level and authorities’ tax reporting and information systems at taxpayer level