Project Contracts Holder Support Lead
Work pattern : 5 / 2
5 / 2
The job holder is responsible for :
- Ensuring that all project work activities are implemented in accordance with the CLIENT Project Management System (NPMS) and industry best practices where applicable.
- Conceiving, implementing and / or participating in capital efficiency improvement initiatives
- Considering ways for continuous improvement of Post-award project contract management process performance within NDD and CONTRACTOR(s) working on NDD project activities.
- Coordinating internal communications and relations with staff regarding Post-award project contract management process subject matter.
- Providing advice and, whenever necessary, hands on support to the CLIENT PT’s and CONTRACTOR(s) in such activities as preparation of support documentation required for timely execution of Contracts including requisitions, Contract Board Submissions, tender packages, evaluation and award of contracts to support project activities, as well as arranging of post award contract support in accordance with Company procedures and SAP requirements, project controls, and project cost reporting.
- Participate in the Cold Eyes Reviews (CER) of PT activities, including Project Management of Change committees.
- Participating in the review of CONTRACTOR(s) Contract control processes and related documentation and ensuring their adherence to NPMS expectations and good industry work practices.
- Develop CLIENT staff capabilities, awareness and involvement in Post-award project contract management process activities.
- Participate in capturing Project Contract support and management lessons learned and best practices
- Ability to have a basic understanding on the following operations, construction and commissioning work activities
- o Civil,
- o Mechanical,
- Construction, Fabrication, and Installation / HUC techniques
- Production Surface Equipment and Facilities
- Production Turnaround activities and processes
- Good knowledge of Project Management processes, with specific demonstrated expertise in Greenfield and Brownfield Capital Project Contract Holder Support and Project Cost Controls systems of work, development processes, and reporting systems and ability to establish and maintain them.
- Sound knowledge of the Requisition to Pay (RtP) process and CLIENT C+P requirements
- Demonstrated leadership skills in situations with and without direct authority
- Ability to effectively lead a team, while enabling each team member to develop to their fullest capability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to create effective, open working environment.
- Ability to be an effective coach and mentor.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational, business, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Good ability to read, write, understand and explain English versions of Contract Holder Support documentation and related processes, and be able to effectively share the information with others, in particular national staff;
- Competency in basic computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) with good verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Proficiency in English (Russian and / or the Kazakh language would be an advantage).
- Good Knowledge of decision making process
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent major project (>
- $50M) experience in technical and / or commercial roles;
- 6-8 years of work experience in Contract Holder Support activities, and / or possesses equivalent experience in project technical assignments, with 8+ years oil and gas industry experience
- Strong preference to possess both technical project experience and business / commercial project experience Supervisory experience in a major project assignment preferred
- Capital Project assignment experience with multiple project phases (concept, selection, definition, execution, handover to operations) and associated milestones
- Knowledgeable of capital project management framework, key work processes and best practices
- Past assignments and demonstrated proficiency in several project management skill areas (e.g. project management, project controls, execution planning, cost estimating, planning & scheduling) preferred
- Experience or significant interface opportunities with Contracting & Procurement, Finance-Controllers, Development Planning
- Experience in reviewing, commenting, developing and communicating related documentation and training materials i.e. processes and procedures, method statements, plans, and training materials etc.