Work pattern : 5 / 2
5 / 2
Job Accountabilities :
- Custodian of data collection and benchmarking work process / system, identify gaps or opportunities and support continuous improvement of the whole process;
- Support to Estimating Team to build-up a benchmarking database which includes technical and commercial data of projects such as costs of equipment and bulk materials, construction norms (productivity, etc.
- planning & scheduling data to name a few;
- Implementation and embedding of Estimating procedures and guidelines in support to the Project Management System and Project Services Toolkit :
- Establish a process for obtaining cost, quantities or man-hours related data or information, contracts and documents from Contracts & Procurement team and EP Phase I projects;
- Ensure benchmarking requirements are met during implementation of Project Services Toolkit in projects.
- Collaborate with Project, Business Services and Contracts & Procurement teams to collect, consolidate and systemize all EP relevant contractual data for : HUC UP, EPC Topsides fabrication Pipeline procurement and laying, Onshore Projects and other available data.
Such contractual data will consist of, but not limited to :
contracts scope of work and schedules, contract close out reports, detailed cost reports by contracts, invoices and Act of Acceptance, detailed progress reports, etc.
- Facilitate training and onboarding Project Team and Contractor responsible for supporting benchmarking
- activities of the project;
- Must keep the benchmarking database current and relevant for CLIENT Project usage;
- Support any IT system improvements in relation to benchmarking database Level II :
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of Project Management processes, with basic demonstrated experience in Greenfield or Brownfield Capital Project Cost Estimation, Project Cost Controls systems of work, development processes, and reporting systems.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; Good people skills - networking, proactive and go-getter
- Strong analytical skills, aptitude to work with and diligent with data and numbers, and energized person with a logical approach
- Ability to use advanced Excel or other applications used for data management, analysis and data visualisation
- Knowledge of advanced applications such as SqL, Business Intelligence applications (Power BI, Spotfire etc.) is a plus
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a multicultural environment
- Proficiency in English (Russian and / or the Kazakh language would be an advantage).
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Basic knowledge of Global Oil Economics
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent level (course in statistics / analytics is a plus);
- 3 years direct cost estimating work history, with oil and gas industry experience, with good potential to be developed further into a Lead Cost Estimator and beyond
- Capital Project assignment experience in at least one of project phases (concept, selection, definition, execution, or handover to operations) and associated milestones
- Basic knowledge of capital project management framework, key work processes and best practices
- Ability to identify, analyse and resolve complex technical / commercial problems and to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior experience of working in multi-functional teams or having multiple interfaces is a plus
- Prior experience data management and understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) of projects is a plus
- Understanding of HSE importance in planning and executing projects, proactive approach to HSE issues