Cost Control Advisor
Location : Atyrau
Job Accountabilities :
- Build proper relationships with the Business Teams, build relationships and interfaces with Finance and the business and represent the views of the line to Finance and vice versa, provide decision-making support to the business and coordinate the provision of finance support to Business (SAP, RTP / Invoice Payment, Tax, Insurance, etc).
- Provide value-adding, insightful and innovative cost reporting, analysis and management information to internal customers (to aid business and investment decisions) and external stakeholders
- Provide assurance on and monitoring of link between Plans, Budgets, Actual costs (including accurate Value of Work Done calculations) and LEs from the various work areas.
Imperative to work closely together with Business Leaders.
- Provide day-to-day business advice (Accounting, Finance, Planning, Budgeting, Controls, Efficiency / Cost Reduction) and ensure the integrity of spending and that investments are in line with the business plan and key objectives.
- Monitor, analyze, control and report cost of client Departments. Provide advice to Directorates on the management of departmental budget, cost and any other finance related issues.
Participate in monthly Cost Review meetings with the Leadership Team Members
- Working closely with Budget Holders and Budget Owners to prepare the (1) the Annual Work Program & Budget, including revisions, forecasts and updates, (2) updates to the Multi-Year Development Plan, (3) budget & cost control, ad hoc reports and presentations.
- Provide key management information and business critical analysis to senior management and stakeholders (SLT, JV Partners, Authorities, etc.
Ensure input into required management reports are accurate and submitted on time such as F&O Report, Monthly Performance Report, Monthly Cost Reports, ad-hoc reports.
- Support the development of the financial control framework and finance management system. Implement and operate finance, corporate and joint venture governance controls / procedures, particularly relating to Finance in the Business related procedures.
- Provide support for Contracting and Procurement; specifically to ensure correct SAP coding, undertake financial evaluations of vendors during tenders and responsible for budget availability before contract board submissions.
Ensure LTPO in line with company plans. Focal point for CP Progress reports from a financial perspective.
- Facilitate the embedding of full cost transparency in client Teams and drive (strategic) cost leadership for services provided to the business.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of cost incurred in client , including the correct set up of cost master data in SAP.
- Responsible for enforcing adherence to client RtP processes including the control of budget overruns
- Manage the operation of relevant financial processes such as cash call forecasts preparation, long term opex, Requisition to Pay, accruals, updates to BCMT etc
- Support systems required for the effective operations of finance and business processes such as SAP
- Support embedding of the cost recovery policy and implement cost recovery procedures, focal point in the business for Audits
- Provide general, ad-hoc financial and commercial support to client Directorates, auditors, venture
- Carry out other tasks as instructed by immediate supervisor within assigned area of responsibility and professional qualification.
- Advanced software skills (SAP, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint) with ability to efficiently manage large volumes of data and to prepare presentation packages for senior management.
- Ability to produce and present coherent cost analysis and adjust it to the intended audience (i.e. level of management)
- Knowledge of Major Capital Project Accounting, Joint Operations, Budgeting. PSA and Accounting Procedures
- Communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Networking & communication skills (verbal & written)
Team player with ability to work constructively within a multicultural environment
- Higher professional education preferably Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree.
- 3+ years accounting / budgeting / cost control experience using SAP Accounting System or similar, preferably in the Oil & Gas sector
Professional designation ACCA, CIMA, CA or equivalent or Master’s Degree in any field completed or in progress is preferable
Please send your CV to cv workforce.kz